Changing, Learning

Friday, March 7, 2008

As you have no doubt noticed, I have made some changes to my blog. I have had so much fun looking and learning as I peruse the net and other blogs. I am slowly learning how to work with html and rich text to make additions and changes to my blog. I hope you will indulge me. I have only been blogging about 3 months now and I am sure I will find much more "out there" for me to learn every day. Two additions I have made that I hope you will definitely notice are:


  1. Bible Study Fellowship International - I have put a link on the top left for BSF and hope you will take the time to learn more about this wonderful study of the Bible. I just can't tell you how much it has changed and improved my life! And, it is offered worldwide.


  2. Heifer International - This is a project I just love! The cornerstone principle for them is to "pass it on", or "teach a man to fish". In other words, give a gift that will help them help themselves and feed their families. Instead of all those extra clothes, tech toys, etc. - give a gift that will "pass it on".

I have done minimal work on my little needle book project; still using Pam Kellogg's waste canvas stitches as my guide. Here are a couple of snapshots.

I have blanket stitched the edges of the wool felt which will be the inner pages of the needle book. No, I am not going to leave those knots like that! I will put a little fabric glue on each of them and then cut the tails so they will blend in without showing. I tell you what - I must find some projects to do with this wool felt - it is wonderful. It cuts easily, doesn't fray and sews like "butter". Again, I have put a pin in place so that you can see the scale of the stitching I am doing....pretty small. The waste canvas size is 14. You'll have to forgive me, I don't know all the proper terms for parts of a book so I will just explain the best I can.


I have included a picture of what will be in the inside cover of the book that will hold the pages. I took a piece of card stock and covered it with fabric using misty fuse - as you can see from the photo of the back side; (can't believe I am showing the back side of anything I do!). I didn't want to use glue so thought I would try the misty fuse and it worked very well. I promise when I get home from this trip, I will be spending more time in my sewing studio and share my progress with you! I am ready to sew, sew, sew!

Well, here we are, in Ark. There was snow left on the ground from an earlier dusting. It is so pretty - when it doesn't hamper driving and safety :-)


~~~~~~~~


Today's devotional spoke about character and the fruit of the spirit. So often today, we try to do deeds that will be interpreted as good by others, things that are considered appropriate in our society.... you know the well-used term these days, 'politically correct' ;- it makes us feel like we are good, productive citizens of this planet - and people like us if we do nice things, right? But truthfully, what is most important is who we are, not what we do. What a hard lesson for me! How is my heart - is it good soil for God's words? A person of Godly character, exercising the fruits of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control) will naturally fall into good works according to God's will. Does that mean that things will always be what I term "fair". No. After all, life is not always fair here on earth. I have to confess the hair on the back of my neck bristles on this one. I am still learning (and am sure will be for quite some time) to let go of the "fairness" expectation and lean on God for Him to dispense justice in the circumstances in my life. Often one of the hardest aspects of this being my time table vs. God's. I naturally want vindication immediately when I feel I am being treated unfairly. Sometimes, however, God requires that I "let go" and move on instead of hanging on, hoping for "fairness" in the situation so that I feel "redeemed". I am learning to ask God to show me the motives of my heart and for His help in aligning those motives with His will. I definitely have a lot of work ahead me!


If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another. Galatians 6:25-26

~~~~~~~~

0 comments:

 
Creative Blessings of "J O Y" - by Templates para novo blogger