Retreating again!

Friday, February 11, 2011


Yes, once again, I have been on a retreat - have I mentioned I just love retreating?  This was my church's women's retreat which was held at The Lodge at Danbury (Danbury, Texas).  (If you have never been to The Lodge at Danbury, you are really missing out on a wonderful treat.)

Although it was VERY cold the first couple of nights, the retreat was wonderful and we were so blessed by our inspirational speaker, Shannon Perry and her "If The Shoe Fits" conference with topics including:  Goody Two Shoes, Lacing Up the Tongue, Is There a Hole In Your Sole, and Walk a Mile in My Shoes.  Shannon is a national recording artist and conference speaker.  She has many accomplishments to her credit, including author of a new book coming out in March, called Grace in High Heels.  Shannan's stories were heartwarming, fun and filled the the holy spirit.  We were doubly blessed to have her sing throughout her presentations over the weekend.   Check out Shannon's website; there are some inspirational video clips and lots of other great information regarding her ministry.

Here are some pictures that highlight some of our weekend...

Standing on the Rock!





Listening to "Lacing Up the Tongue"
Here we are!
The beautiful, talented, Shannon Perry!










This is Marcel, a friend's smart car - isn't it adorable!
This was the kind of weekend everyone needs once in a while. We laughed and we cried and we felt so refreshed to have our spirits refilled.  If you have the opportunity to join a spirit-filled retreat; I hardily recommend it.  I know it has helped me in so many ways.  One of the main things I received from this retreat was to ask God for what His purpose is for me in this season of my life and to be open to it.  I have to admit that often I am reluctant to ask God such a question because it could mean leaving my cozy little comfort zone, but if I do that, I will miss out on so many of the special blessings He has in store for me.   Well, till next time, may God tenderly bless you,  
Jules








































































0 comments:

 
Creative Blessings of "J O Y" - by Templates para novo blogger