Paint From Head to Toe and Japan Quilt Block Begun

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Howdy!  This will just be a short post today - I have been soooo busy - having fun!  I started the Towers and Turrets class yesterday and began working on stenciling collage papers today with paint; and, boy I have paint from head to toe.  These will be cut up to be used, but I was so into this, omg it is like being back in kindergarten.  Next step will be painting a background.  I gesso'd some paper today to get ready for that.  I also am going to try my hand at carving a word stamp or two for the project and the little windows that are needed - can you say, "what are you thinking?"  But Sharon Tomlinson shows how she does it in the videos and it doesn't look too bad, so I am going to give it a try.  Here is a shot of the papers I created this afternoon.


Then I started my quilt block for the Heart and Hands for Sendai, Japan project.  I thought I would try a CQ/traditional combination kind of thing - thus the blocked shaped instead of the usual cq piecing.  I will add SRE and embroidery, lace, etc.  I have some pieces of paper laid out on it right now auditioning some ideas.  The Japanese kanji on the bottom says - 'we pray for Japan'; the one on the right says 'hope' (I did these in Photoshop) and I have a little vintage oriental print I may use of a bird in a persimmon tree.  I hope to add a branch or tree of cherry blossoms in the green block with embroidery and SRE.  I have been known to change my mind from time to time - we'll see how things come together.
BTW - remember that CQMagOnline will be coming out at the end of the month.  I have included an article with LOTS pictures of an awesome, awarding winning crazy quilt. 

I hope you are having a wonderfully creative and blessed day!

0 comments:

 
Creative Blessings of "J O Y" - by Templates para novo blogger