Not a Morning Person

Saturday, December 1, 2007

This is a stamp I purchased from Art Impressions and it expresses my "morning person" quite well. My body clock and I have argued for years, but I am just not a morning person. Oh, I am not grumpy, I just can't focus well early in the morning, takes me a while to "rev" up.
Now, good Saturday everyone! OK, I know I said yesterday that Emma was a constant indoor companion, but first thing today she managed to escape. We live in the country and she loves to go check out everything she can when she has these occasional adventures. If you know anything about pyres, they are obedient only in their own time frame. So, I waited and lured her back home with her favorite treats after about an hour. As you can see, she also loves to take dips in our and our neighbors pond - hence the line of demarcation where once was a white dog. She is presently relegated to the garage and she and I will face off in the shower a little bit later. Yes, I said shower. With a large dog like this stubborn one, it is much easier to just jump in and join her in the shower for a good scrub.
Just had to show these beautiful flowers that my DH brought home Thursday, my 55th birthday. The stargazer lilies are our favorites. I would like to thank all my family and friends for their wonderful birthday wishes, cards, emails, and phone calls. It was a grand day for me.
Thought you might enjoy seeing these treasures I found at the recent Houston International Quilt Show. They are antique buttons and I will use them in my crazy quilting or fiber art. They will add just the right sparkle to a project.

The Houston International Quilt Market and Show - wow, I could go on and on about that. If you have never been, I highly recommend it. It is just magical. Over the next few days I will share my view of the Show, the classes, and items I discovered. I will be writing detailed articles for CQMagOnline over the next year about all the wonderful discoveries I made so be sure to stop by there and check it out. It is a quarterly online free magazine and the next issue will be out in January.

OK, my next post, I promise to have more in the way of fiber art and sre, but for now, I have many chores to attend to. For a number of years, my DH and I were licensed wildlife rehabilitators and although we do not do this full time any more, we do still keep our hands in a bit. I am receiving 13 squirrels that are ready for "hack out" tomorrow and must go get our caging ready. Most of these squirrels are orphaned, some were injured and have been cared for by a dedicated rehabilitator and they are now old enough and strong enough to go through the process of release. I will care for them as we acclimate them to the out of doors and slowly make sure they can forage for themselves. I will post some pics once they arrive.

0 comments:

 
Creative Blessings of "J O Y" - by Templates para novo blogger