Still Trying to Make a Come Back

Monday, March 18, 2013


Well friends, I am still trying to get back to my blog.  Life has a way of pulling you here and there; especially at my age, and before you know it, months have gone by in the blink of an eye.  I have still been dabbling in all the creative arts I possibly can and have added a couple of new things into the mix that I will share with you.

My beautiful grandson is growing by leaps and bounds and is, as everyone told me he would be, a delight and blessing to my life.

At the Lady Bird Wildflower Center in Austin, TX

I started learning "encaustics".  This is painting with molten wax.  It is a bit challenging, but I tend to like that.  You must fuse each layer of wax you add with a heat source and I normally use a torch.  You can stick to painting with the wax or add things in to create mixed media pieces.  I still have a bit of a learning curve going, but here is a sampling of my first pieces...
Just Hanging on a Breezy Day
Resting Place
Weathering the Storm
The Gift


I have been taking the wonderful SheArt3 online course from Christy Tomlinson who I just adore.  I have learned so much from Christy.  I took her original SheArt class and this SheArt3 class has added so much more into the mix.  Here are a couple of paintings I have done recently while taking the class:

These are done with a plethora of supplies:  paper, inks, acrylic paints, stamps, stencils, gelatos, etc.  I highly recommend taking a class or two from Christy - she is a delight, one talented lady and her teaching style and videos are super fun.

I am hoping to develop my own style pulling from all the techniques I have learned taking these wonderful online classes.  My main problem?   I love it all, I want to do it all - the colors, the textures, the fabrics, the paint, the embellishments, the papers - what's a girl to do? Well, I intend to keep on learning and playing with it all :-)

I hope you days are filled with the Lord's guidance and blessings,
Till next time...




0 comments:

 
Creative Blessings of "J O Y" - by Templates para novo blogger